Are you between 14 and 21 (inclusive)?
You'll need support from a youth leader, teacher or faith leader, and parental approval if you're under 18.
Do you want some financial help to attend an organised interfaith event?
It could help to pay for travel or booking fees.
Concord can help through its Concord Namaste Fund with a grant of up to £100.
All you need to do is to read the conditions and apply on an official form.
Groups can apply too, and get up to £250.
All you need to do in return is report back to Concord after the event.
Here are the details
The Concord Namaste Fund
The Concord Namaste Fund is a sum to be set aside within the general accounts of the Concord Leeds Interfaith Fellowship. It is to be administered by the designated Trustees of Concord in consultation with the Executive Committee.
To promote the aims of Concord by assisting young people to engage in interfaith activity with an educational or social purpose.
The Fund is to be based on a gift given to Concord. Additional income may be added from donations and grants from individuals or organisations, from special collections, and, with the agreement of the Executive Committee, by transfer from Concord’s general account as the need arises.
The Trustees may award grants from the Fund to individuals and groups on application, subject to the following conditions:
- The applicants must complete an official application form identifying themselves and the purpose for which their application is being made.
- Individual applicants must be aged between 14 and 21 (inclusive) at the time of application.
- The application must be endorsed by a youth leader, teacher or faith leader with knowledge of the applicant, and by a parent or guardian if under 18.
- Application may be made on behalf of a group that includes people aged between 14 and 21 (inclusive) at the time of application.
- The application must be for reasonable assistance with the payment of fees and/or travel expenses to attend an interfaith event, conference, seminar, lecture or other activity. It must be accompanied by published details of the event or activity.
- The application must be made before the event to which it relates. (Note that there may be a delay before an application is considered and it is not guaranteed that any payment will be made before the event. Decisions will be made by a committee that meets approximately every three months.)
- Applicants may make more than one application, but the maximum payable to any applicant in one year will be £100 for an individual or £250 for a group.
- The application must include a statement from the applicant explaining why the grant is needed, what other sources of funding are being tried, and how an award will benefit the applicant or group and promote the purposes of the Fund.
- The applicant must give an undertaking:
- to use the grant only for the purpose identified in the application
- to return any payment made if they are unable to attend the event or if it is cancelled
- no later than two months after the event to provide a written account of their reflections on it in about 450 words, or an equivalent in picture or video format, or an oral report to a Concord meeting, with permission for Concord to use them in the newsletter or on the website.
- The Treasurer and other Trustees will examine each application on its merits and may consult the applicant for further clarification before making a decision. Applications will be considered as soon as reasonably possible after they are received.
- Recommended applications will be brought to the Executive Committee for approval before payment is made.
- The Trustees and the Executive Committee may refuse an application in whole or in part if there is insufficient money in the Fund to support it, or if they consider the application to be inappropriate or inadequate, or if they judge the activity to be insufficiently consistent with the purpose of the Fund or with the general Aims of Concord. Their decision shall be final.
Click here for an application form (individual) or (group) in .docx format
When you have completed the form, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright ©2020 Concord (Leeds
Inter-faith Fellowship). All Rights Reserved.
Registered Charity No.: